at monash university in melbourne the women’s department had a bake sale and cupcakes were one dollar for men and eighty cents for women and seventy cents for trans* people to represent the wage gap and heaps of guys kicked off about it being sexist and that’s how i finally understood how hypocritical and ignorant men’s rights activism is
to be fair that is pretty darn sexist… why cant stuff just be EQUAL for everyone?
The Reverse Map of the World - If land masses dominated instead of water
Bringing this back, cause holy fuck.
it has flipped out of my skull
how nice it would be
we could travel by car and i wouldnt have to ride on planes (i hate airplanes)
IMAGINE THE ROAD TRIP
I would very much like this. Very much.
WORLD ROAD TRIP!
My favorite part is Celtic Land.
OH GOD OH MY GOD I AM DONE WAKE ME UP WHEN I CAN TALK ABOUT THIS
goodness gracious this is only what I have been trying to say with my heartclap for my whole life
I love this so much!
Also since I love it, I took the time to find the source!
The source was?
This is weird cos when I reblogged this in the little source place I put the link but no one can see it:/ So I’ll just post it here!
that’s the artist!
The Secret of Life/Silent Comics by Ileana Surducan /same as above, just the direct link on behance
In which John Green teaches you about America’s “peculiar institution,” slavery. I wouldn’t really call it peculiar. I’d lean more toward horrifying and depressing institution, but nobody asked me. John will talk about what life was like for a slave in the 19th century United States, and how slaves resisted oppression, to the degree that was possible. We’ll hear about cotton plantations, violent punishment of slaves, day to day slave life, and slave rebellions. Nat Turner, Harriet Tubman, and Whipped Peter all make an appearance. Slavery as an institution is arguably the darkest part of America’s history, and we’re still dealing with its aftermath 150 years after it ended.
This was the hardest episode for everyone involved. I hope it turned out okay.
FUCKIN CANDY BITCHES
So being an adult, I am occasionally struck by the realization that “Holy shit I can just like buy candy and have other grown-ups carry it to my motherfucking door” and then I usually send a random friend some milkduds or something.
But you know what’s fun? Giveaways.
So I’m doing one.
- I Don’t Care. Seriously, reblog all you like, like it, make love to it. Follow me, Don’t. Don’t care. Gonna random generate a number and that note number will be the winner.
- This is gonna go until Friday, May 3rd. At whenever I get online on that day.
- I will ship them to you from amazon or wherever. Shipping will be to the continental US only. I ain’t made of money. Just candy.
- You will get to pick the candy. It will be a huge fucking amount. like five pounds or some shit.
- If I don’t like your URL, you can still win but I will sigh when I pick you.
- If your askbox is closed or communicating with you is a pain in the ass then I’ma pick another winner.
- when the candy arrives I want you to take a picture of it or something. I am genuinely curious to see what a five pound bag of candy looks like
That is all I can think of. Get some candy.
I love candy and contests:D